The trip is an activity that all individuals must perform at one time or another; no matter what the purpose of the trip is or if the trip is local or international. Many people expect to travel to other parts of the world for various reasons and purposes, including but not limited to business, tourism, holidays, pilgrimage, education and medical care.
The euphoria to travel outside a general domain has a lot of preparations and often a large amount of resources are deployed to ensure that the trip is carried out; and include the acquisition of an international passport, medical evidence (if applicable), costly visa processing costs, flight booking and hotel reservation.
Many people will do anything and everything just to achieve the ambition of their international travel. And to be very candid here, international trips are really fun and something to be expected. Traveling, especially international travel, is a form of education for travelers, as they have the opportunity to see new environments, meet new people and learn how things are done elsewhere.
International trips offer the traveler many opportunities regardless of their original purpose of traveling. These include business opportunities, educational opportunities, employment opportunities and even married opportunities. Unfortunately, however, only these and many other opportunities are those that see these (who would be) travelers. It seems they do not know or worry less about the risks, including international travel, so they do not take any measure to mitigate these risks.
At this time, you may have the temptation to ask yourself the question: "What are the risks associated with international travel?" Very good question. You must read later, since most of these risks are discussed in the following paragraphs.
Risks associated with international travel
As interesting, fun, fun, profitable and educational as international trips, they also have their drawbacks, the risks, in the same way as all things in life. And luckily for travelers, most of these risks can be transferred to professional travel insurance providers, by purchasing travel insurance, also known as "travel medical insurance" or "medical insurance of travel ".
These international travel risks are many and varied, and include, but not limited to:
- Sudden illness in the country of destination requiring urgent medical attention and / or hospitalization.
- Participation in an accident arising from bodily injury, temporary or permanent disability or death
- Loss of registered luggage
- Loss of valuable items such as international passport, drivers & # 39; license, national identity card, etc.
- Personal liabilities abroad
- Emergency dental cases
- Arrest of law enforcement agencies requiring bail and legal defense
Another question that can be asked at this moment is: "Do travel insurance cover all of the risks mentioned?" And the answer is a big yes, and much more.
Roofs and advantages provided by the main travel insurance
Below is a list of most of the covers and benefits provided by travel insurance policies, according to providers. So the next time you buy a travel insurance, keep in mind these covers and advantages.
- Medical expenses and hospitalization abroad
- Evacuation of medical emergencies
- Repatriation after treatment
- Emergency dental care
- Repatriation of the family member traveling with the insured
- Travel of a member of the immediate family
- Emergency return at home after the death of the next relative
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Medical Assistance
- Legal Assistance
- Pre-departure services
- International general assistance
- Assistance for foreign information on lost luggage and passports,
- Delivery of medication
- Legal defense
- Advance deposit of guarantee
- Burial in means of public transport
- Loss of passport, driver's license, national identity card abroad
- Compensation for the loss during the flight of registered luggage
- Compensation for delay in the arrival of luggage
- Delayed Output
- Location and forwarding of personal equipment and effects.
- Accidental death
- Permanent disability
- Personal civil liability
- Travel cancellation fees
Risks not covered by travel insurance policies
After discussing the coverage and benefits offered by travel insurance, it is also important to take into account the risks that are not included in most of these policies, as shown below:
- Participation in criminal acts or as a result of fraudulent, grossly negligent or reckless actions, including those actions insured in disorder or psychiatric treatment expenses for which they themselves are excluded;
- Natural phenomena such as floods, earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions, atypical cyclonic storms, objects that fall from space and airfields and, in general, any weather, meteorological, seismic or geological phenomenon extraordinary any other type of natural disaster;
- Events derived from terrorism, riots or riots of people;
- Events or actions of the armed forces or of the security forces in the time of peace;
- Wars, with or without prior declaration, and international conflicts or interventions by force or underground or military operations of any kind.
- Participation in bets, challenges or fights, except in case of legitimate defense or need;
- Illness or preexisting lesions
- Participation in competitions, sports and preparatory or training tests;
- Motorcycle racing or motorcycle racing, horse riding, climbing, holing, boxing, fighting in any of its modalities, martial arts, parachuting, hot air balloons, free fall, gliding and, in general, any sporting or recreational activity that be known to be dangerous;
- Participation in competitions or tournaments organized by sport federations or similar organizations.
- Winter and / or summer dangerous sports such as skiing and / or similar sports.
- Work-related accidents
- International and local recognition epidemics.
- Diseases or wounds derived from chronic or chronic or existing illnesses before the date of creation of the policy;
- Death or wounds as a result of suicide or attempted suicide or injuries that occur to themselves.
- Illness, injuries or pathological states caused by the consumption of alcohol, drugs, toxic substances, drugs or drugs purchased without a prescription, as well as any type of mental illness or mental imbalance;
- Illness or injuries caused by pregnancy and childbirth or by any complications, or by voluntary termination of pregnancy;
Where to buy travel insurance
Travel insurance can be purchased online and there are many travel insurance providers. All you have to do is locate the preferred provider, complete the online form or questionnaire, and make your payment and your policy is made available to print it immediately or send it to your email address electronic
You can also purchase an offline travel insurance from an insurance company or local travel agency. Whatever method of purchase you choose, you can be sure that you will be fully protected against insurable insurance policies.
Use of your travel insurance
After purchasing the travel insurance policy, whether it is self-contained with the provider's online portal, a travel agency or through a local insurance company, you must make sure you do not forget to take document with you while traveling. This is so important because you can demand that the document be produced by relevant agencies.
You must take particular note of the number of your policy (if it is possible to copy the number elsewhere), since service providers will have to require that the property identifies you when you call them for help.
Another thing to keep in mind when your travel insurance certificate or policy document is the telephone numbers of the Assistance Company and what you need to call when you need help. These numbers are always written clearly in the travel insurance document, so take note.
You should strive to read as much of the document as possible to understand the covers provided, the terms and conditions of the policy, as well as its exclusions. And very important, when claiming your policy, be honest and avoid any type of fraudulent practices.
Summary and Conclusion
There are other benefits provided by travel insurance policies that can not be discussed extensively here. But, having read the few advantages discussed above, you agree that really, travel insurance is essential for a successful trip. So the next time you plan an international trip, make the purchase of travel insurance one of the highest priorities. It is quite affordable, and anyone can buy it. The tranquility and the protection that will provide you are enormous.